SuperSDR 3.0 release
just wanted to let you know that I released the 3.0 beta of SuperSDR on github.
It's been vastly improved over the last release, several bugfixes, improved interface and many new features. You may read a bit more on the github page: https://github.com/mcogoni/supersdr or simply grab it and try it now the Linux or the Windows executable: https://github.com/mcogoni/supersdr/releases/tag/v3.0beta
Main new features:
- dual independent rx + waterfall linked to a "real" HF transceiver with CAT; the 2 rx may be even connected to2 different kiwis;
- much improved spectrum scope with autoscaling (you may turn it off) that eliminates impulsive visual noise from the waterfall: during thunderstorms it's great!
- much better analog like S-meter with slow decay, fast attack;
- audio recording, cyclic memories with save to disk;
- Dynamic DX-Cluster integration and EIBI broadcasting labels;
- spectrum scope and waterfall with accumulation averaging (similar to LINRAD): accumulate a large number of samples (up to 100X) and plot slower with much improved visual SNR;
- thought to be operated with just the keyboard: you don't really need a mouse;
- smooth waterfall;
- very low latency if operating a local kiwi;
- extremely low resources: on an old i3 it needs about 5% of the CPU: you may launch several instances...
- if you forget the keyboard shortcuts, just hover the mouse over the HELP on the bottom right ;)
- mutes on very strong signals: you may use it nicely along with your transmitter...
It's not a replacement for John's great web-based software, it's a different way to use your Kiwi, more oriented towards the integration with a CAT radio.
Hope you find it useful!
marco / IS0KYB