The KiwiSDR 2 online store is open for orders! Please visit kiwisdr.nz
Please visit kiwisdr.com (documentation) and kiwisdr.nz (online store)

Power issue

My kiwisdr suffered some damage to the part immediately after the power supply plug (I am assuming it is a filter for the power to the board?) Is this something that is fixable? I had previously soldered it crudely but it got disconnected

again.

Comments

• @jks Pitty don’t get it loose, i can power it luckely through the mini-usb without problems at the moment. Hope don’t destroy eventually the Kiwi.

• jksjks
    edited February 13

If the CMC is burned out (open) it shouldn't be a problem if you are successfully powering from somewhere else. Just as long as it doesn't short to ground somehow.

You're using a BeagleBone Green, right? If so I'm just amazed that you're able to power via the BBG's mini-USB. That input is supposed to be current limited to 500 mA by the BBG power management IC. Which is way too low for the Kiwi + Beagle combination. Very strange..

• @jks yes i have the the BeagleBone Green I find it also strange, but i left it on for more then 12 hours and no problems. Many thanks for helping, i trie in the coming days again to open the cmc, if it stil fails then i thinking about bying the Kiwi 2.

• Well, if it works, it works!