The KiwiSDR 2 online store is open for orders! Please visit kiwisdr.nz
Please visit kiwisdr.com (documentation) and kiwisdr.nz (online store)

DX tags and filter

Hi John,

I'm currently using the DX tag filter to look for signals on certain frequencies.

For example I'm currently observing the 4-6MHz spectrum for new or 'unusual' activity associated with recent events.

It got me thinking...

I wondered if it would be possible to somehow 'highlight' the DX tag(s) marking an 'active' frequency, where a signal is detected within the passband defined in the DX tag ?

This would make it much easier to spot when one of the tagged frequencies has come into use.

Likewise (and I know I mentioned this before) it would be really handy to be able to setup a 'scan' list, like the ALE extension, in order to be able to 'scan' a defined set of frequencies, and either stop or pause for a defined period, whilst a signal is present (defined by the squelch setting) or to record and save an active frequency before resuming the scan.

Regards,

Martin

Comments

• Hi Martin,

About a scan list and recording did you try Christoph's kiwirecorder.py scan option addition? It does most of what you are looking for.

73 Ben

• Hi Ben,

Yes I was aware of it, as I just mentioned in another post.

But it would be nice to have in integrated into the KiWi so that you only need a device with browser to run it. It also avoids having to swap between different applications when a signal pops up.

However I will set aside some time to better understand the KiWi suite in general.

Regards,

Martin