Automatic add of NAT rule on firewall / router: no device found [fixed]

2»

Comments

• I'd like to understand what you mean by "downloading SW from a working kiwi". I assume as opposed to following the instructions in the operating guide and using wget to obtain the downloading script.

What you wanted was the Debian 11 image. Perhaps it's a little too cryptic: "Debian 11 -- BBG/BBB" but BeagleBone Green (BBG) is what is used with all full Kiwi products (i.e. not the "cape-only" version where you supply your own Beagle, which could be any of BBG/BBB/BBAI/BBAI-64).

Anyway, do you mean you used the admin page backup tab function to make an sd card backup and then used that to re-flash the other Kiwi? I guess that would work.

But now you're back to your original problem: The "check port open" function will appear to work when used on both of them. But the reality is that the Internet only sees one of the Kiwis on port 8073. You can't differentiate between them from the Internet's point of view when they both use an external port of 8073. Which one it actually is depends on what NAT port mapping your router happens to be doing.

• Hello jks

The kiwi that I somehow messed-up was restored to 'being userful' after I copied the data from a working kiwi to a miniSD card, inserted the miniSD card into the unresponsive unit, pressed the reset button while applying power and waited until the 4-LEDS went black.

I removed power and SD card and restarted the kiwi. It worked.

Thanks for ALL the support.

Dick/w7wkr now back at CN98pi