Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

Bad Password Error

What causes a bad password error? I'm trying to run a simple record command that I've run countless times before, but I'm getting a KiwiBadPasswordError.
File "C:\kiwirun\Kiwi\kiwi\client.py", line 298, in _process_msg_param raise KiwiBadPasswordError('%s: bad password' % self._options.server_host) kiwi.client.KiwiBadPasswordError: : bad password

Update: To help me debug, I added a print statement to print out the command before it's executed, and when I did this it ran without failure. This is the only thing I changed in between a failed and successful run. No idea why I got the error, as the server host doesn't require a password.

Comments

• edited May 2020
    is kiwi\client.py supposed to be kiwiclient.py ?

I only run linux so not sure about your Win install
  • Heard from Christoph that you may have found a bug
  • What causes a bad password error? I'm trying to run a simple record command that I've run countless times before, but I'm getting a KiwiBadPasswordError.
    File "C:\kiwirun\Kiwi\kiwi\client.py", line 298, in _process_msg_param
    raise KiwiBadPasswordError('%s: bad password' % self._options.server_host)
    kiwi.client.KiwiBadPasswordError: : bad password

Update: To help me debug, I added a print statement to print out the command before it's executed, and when I did this it ran without failure. This is the only thing I changed in between a failed and successful run. No idea why I got the error, as the server host doesn't require a password.

What is the exact command?

Heard from Christoph that you may have found a bug

I tested kiwirecorder.py and it does work. What I had in mind was to be able to use a time limit excemption password in kiwirecorder.py. But I see that this possibility was added by John in January this year (--tlimit-pw)
  • edited May 2020
    @Christoph The exact command is
    python3 kiwirecorder.py -k 30 -s bonaire.twrmon.net -p 8073 -f 800 -m am --tlimit 60 -d 'RESULTS' --hp-cutoff=5000 --s-meter=0 --sdt-sec=60 --ts --snd --fn=filename

And no, kiwi\client.py is correct @WA2ZKD
  • jksjks
    edited May 2020
    So TWR Bonaire has one of the 4 channels reserved for password-only access. If the other 3 channels are busy when you try to connect to channel 4 you get the "bad password" exception you're seeing (I get this too). It should probably be some other exception message instead (e.g. "access to this channel requires a password").
  • @jks I see, thanks!