Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

Professional Use

Some professionals might think less of "ham gear" while hams might think the pro's only use the high dollar stuff. I have a foot in each camp, and use the best tool for the job. I recently was doing some antenna comparison testing for my work and supplemented the data with dBm data i got from my own kiwi spectrum display and others online. That allowed me to do my A/B comparisons at different distances and thus consider the effects of takeoff-angle and antenna pattern. Great to have such a distributed asset online! I used a MiFi connection and my Nexus 9 to get to the various sites. Here's a pix of setting up the units under test .

Comments

• We also have some remote Perseus in place but those are limited in how they can be accessed due to their use of of a UDP stream. The kiwiUDP solves that problem.

• Not my intention to "promote" competing hardware in this forum, but did you consider the RFSpace CloudIQ (as an alternative to Perseus)?

Bjarne Mjelde
    arcticdx.blogspot.com
  • No, done buying for now! Have a network of 15+ Perseus in place in addition to the public ones, but access to them is too difficult at times