Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

lookup databases websites for NDBs and LW/MW bands.

How do those work?

Comments

• James,
    <CTRL><ALT><LeftClick> brings up this web site: http://www.mwlist.org/ul_login.php
    with the current frequency lookup. 

It is a very nice addition. Thank you John.
    Ron - KA7U
  • Previously, as discussed here, shift-control-click did a database lookup of the "rounded" value frequency under the cursor on the short-wave.info website for broadcast stations. And shift-alt/option-click used global tuners.com for utility stations.

Now if the frequency is in the NDB band, or the VLF, LW or MW bands new websites will be used that are more specific to the signals involved.

• jksjks
    edited April 2017
    Tonda,

Yes, I was undecided about perhaps selecting the Europe or NA lists depending on the ITU region (admin configuration setting) of the Kiwi. I thought for the benefit of DXing it made sense to always select the worldwide list and let the user narrow the selection after that. You could say the same thing for my decision to select the DGPS, NAVTEX and NDB categories as the default.

Once again, in the future this could be a per-user customization that you set once and it would apply to all Kiwis you visit.

Tonda