WSPR extension (non-autorun) not uploading spots to wsprnet.org

Running v1.678 in 3 channel mode. I'm playing around with the (non-autorun) WSPR extension this evening, and it doesn't appear to be uploading spots to the WSPR database at http://www.wsprnet.org. I've had it going for the past 30 minutes with a good number of decodes shown on the extension. I tested the WSPR autorun, and it does upload spots with that.

Comments

• While checking random Kiwis during the v1.679 update I tried the WSPR extension on one that had the reporter call/grid configured. No uploads to wsprnet.org

But then I tried the same reporter call/grid in a relatively nearby Kiwi I have admin access to and it worked! So I don't quite understand why there would be a difference. wsprnet.org having networking problems? But that doesn't explain why you got spots to upload in autorun mode.

• edited May 10

As a test, I've been running the autorun on 20m and the extension on 30m at the same time for the past hour or so. Only the autorun on 20m is uploading spots to wsprnet.org.

• I tried the WSPR extension on 30m with the Kiwi I have admin access to and it uploaded fine..

• The WSPR net database used to have a lot of problems with upload capacity.

!0MHz is one of the more popular WSPR bands, and I wonder if this could be related to the time period after the 2 minute cycle, when the spots are uploaded.

I wonder if it would be any better if they were uploaded towards the end of the following 2 minute period, after the majority of spotting stations had uploaded, but before the next batch started.

Regards,

Martin

• Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on.

As you may remember, the extension did work here: https://forum.kiwisdr.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3196/plenty-of-wspr-decodes-no-uploads-upload-spots-is-selected#latest

It's not too important. I don't monitor WSPR often, only every once in awhile just to see how the conditions are.

• Bikedork (located in Minneapolis, MN, running v1.680 in 4 channel mode) also isn't reporting to the WSPR database using the extension.