How does one update (or suggest updates for) the community database?

Hi all,

I've noticed that the SSTV frequencies in the community dx database below 10MHz are list as USB, which I think should be LSB.

When you activate the SSTV decode extension, it correctly switches to LSB, leaving the "SSTV" label on the frequency scale sitting over the unused upper sideband. It looks a bit strange. :-)

Is there a formal mechanism for suggesting corrections, additions, etc., or does one just do it via this forum?

73 Richard VK2SKY

Comments

• Hey, thanks for that. I never noticed. I updated the database and if you restart you'll get the change right away. Otherwise it will update overnight.

There's no formal mechanism. Suggest here, or the support email. Or even a Github issue.

• Thanks for that. Actually, I made the updates locally, because I didn't want to overwrite my additional labels.

I must write a utility, to merge my local additions into the downloaded community database, and sort by frequency of course.

73 RIchard VK2SKY

• jksjks
    edited March 19

You don't want to be making changes to the community database. They'll just get overwritten on the next restart. Change the stored database instead using the admin dx tab or the other mechanisms.

• I had to revert the USB => LSB change. It was screwing up the guy trying to build the second batch of KiwiSDR 2's because it causes a double reboot in the middle of his procedure. So this will have to be changed later on.

• You don't want to be making changes to the community database. They'll just get overwritten on the next restart. Change the stored database instead using the admin dx tab or the other mechanisms.

Yes, I had noticed the overwriting issue, so I have been using the stored database. I assume (perhaps incorrectly) that the stored database is a snapshot of the community database, plus whatever changes the local user makes to it.

I'm puzzled by the EiBi-A23 database, as (for example) it puts what appears to be non-Amateur labels on the 40m Amateur band and elsewhere. I assume (there's that word again!) that it's for test purposes. Maybe not.

I had to revert the USB => LSB change. It was screwing up the guy trying to build the second batch of KiwiSDR 2's because it causes a double reboot in the middle of his procedure. So this will have to be changed later on.

Fair enough. 😄