v1.605-607

From the CHANGE_LOG file:

v1.605,606,607 Jun 15, 2023

Added variable sample time to TDoA extension (15, 30, 45, 60 seconds).

Right-click menu: new option "show cursor frequency". State is saved in a browser cookie.

Show selected label database on frequency scale.

Shift-click on "Spec RF/AF" button toggles in reverse (same effect as alt-s key).

New "dx" URL parameter "open" that shows DX labels panel.

i.e. "dx=2" vs "dx=2,open". See DX labels panel help.

DX community label database changes:

Adopted EiBi label type classification / color scheme.

Standardized on three letter country codes (except UK), two letter USA state codes.

DX labels panel shows type category names, colors and counts. Same as is done for EiBi.

Fixes:

Spec button toggle direction now correct.

Increased size of waterfall cursor frequency text.

Comments

• Hi John,

Thanks for adding the sample time options to the TDoA extension, much appreciated.

However I've just noticed that the reference locations and KiWi hosts don't seem to show up on the TDoA results map with hosts.

I don't know if this is something new or if it's been like that for a while.

Regards,

Martin

• IDK. Works fine when I try it.

• Hi John,

OK I didn't describe the problem correctly.

When the TDoA has been completed and I choose to see the TDoA map with Hosts, I can see the selected KiWi's in yellow and the TDoA heat map.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't find a way to see the heat map and reference locations or other available Kiwi's at the same time.

I've tried most menu options and different browser's, but I'm I'm pretty sure I used to be able to do this, as it was useful to be able to see either the most likely nearby known locations or be able to see which KiWi's (shown in blue) may be better located for additional TDoA runs.

A few other minor points.

The new right hand bar on the DX label that is present when an extension has been defined. Although useful, I find that I'm confusing it with overlapping DX labels and when I click on the edge to try and bring up what I think is an obscured label it simply activates the DX label and its extension. Maybe it would be better if the whole of the DX label surround was shown in bold or similar, rather than just one edge ?

The new signal bandwidth marker is great, however if light coloured or pastel shades are used for the DX label it is very difficult to see the bandwidth bar against the white background. So I'm still thinking that some sort of dark outline is required around the edges of the bandwidth bar. Also I don't think the yellow infill on the triangle you have added to the top of the bandwidth bar is necessary. To me at least it clashes with the colour of the bandwidth bar and can be confused with the offset marker. Maybe either leave it without an infill colour or make it black / dark grey ?

Overall I'm VERY impressed with the recent changes you have made, and the new TDoA time periods are especially useful when trying to either isolate one station from a net, or capture an occasional signal that only occurs infrequently over a period of several minutes.

Regards,

Martin

• And yes, I know I'm being very picky....