Power Supply Considerations
I have put about 10 KiwiSDR into service over the years and here's a few thoughts on PSU
- "wall warts" are varied, as there as older linear ones, simple chargers, switchers with actual filtering for RFI/EMI
- assume warts to be suspect and test them thoroughly for both radiated and conducted noise
- Linear PSU are almost always a safe choice but are inefficient and their power consumption impacts your electric bill and any UPS run-time
- Industrial Switcher Units are usually quiet and usable
- I am using Meanwell DIN Rail mounted PSU in a few installations and they are available on Amazon, reasonably priced, and appear to be quiet.