S-meter at -61 dBm when passband extended over zero mark. Hardware broken? [IQ unbalance]
edited January 2022 in Problems Now Fixed
after working perfectly for two weeks, one of a sudden my KIWI has the following problem:
- LSB: as soon as I extend the passband high end into positive values, the S-meter is stuck at -61 dBm
- USB: as soon as I extend the passband low end into negative values, the S-meter is stuck at -61 dBm
- AM: -61 dBm when both sidebands are in the passband
- FM: -61 dBm when both sidebands are in the passband
- IQ: -61 dBm when both sidebands are in the passband
It seems as if there is a strong carrier at zero beat now: http://dl2kcl.selfhost.eu:8073/?f=28400.00lsbz10
I made a software update, server restart, different browser etc. with no success.
Is the KIWI hardware defective now? Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
Can you try clearing the browser cache?
It is unlikely to be a hardware issue but could be a cached setting.
Also use the green arrow to (copy) - paste a direct frequency to check like http://dl2kcl.selfhost.eu:8073/?f=198.00amnz8
clearing the browser cache did not help.
The passband settings are not included in the copied link.
Please try this link with special default passband settings to show the problem:
You pushed the "IQ bal" button on the IQ extension and then did not carefully read the warning in the popup panel, didn't you? There's nothing wrong with your Kiwi that correct IQ balance wouldn't fix.
that´s true! Unfortunately I did not remember the warning when I encountered the problem later.
Thanks a lot!!