Blank local log in

I run my KiwiSDR as classic mode, 3x WSPR channels and one local RX. Recently I could not use the local Rx on a W10 & Chrome laptop although the 3 WSPR RX's were working and sending reports to the WSPR server. I would see the initial Kiwi screen with photo then the wipe would be to a blank screen and no audio.

I rebooted the Kiwi and laptop- no change. So I inserted the recovery card and then allowed the download of the latest software. Still exactly the same. Tried re-loading the software - same result. Also then tried accessing the KiwiSDR via a Mint 15 machine, exactly the same as W10.
Help!

73 Alan
G8LCO.

Comments

• Alan,
    If you haven't already done this, try opening settings/history/history/clear browsing data/cached images and files

That might solve it.
    Ron
    KA7U
  • jksjks
    edited January 2019
    Alan, which browser(s)? Also, are you able to connect to the Kiwi admin page without problems?

When you get incomplete content like this it really helps to know if there are any error messages in the browser's console window. Open the console using these shortcut keys. Then reload the page (ctrl-R, cmd-R). Scroll through the console messages and look for anything suspicious. Errors will tend to be at the end of the messages but not always.
    Javascript/Web console:
    	Windows/Linux	Mac
    Firefox	ctrl-shift-K	cmd-alt-K
    Chrome	ctrl-shift-J	cmd-alt-J
    Safari	ctrl-shift-C	cmd-alt-C
    Opera	ctrl-shift-I	cmd-alt-I

• Thanks for the replies, Chrome browser with W10, firefox with Mint, both identical. Admin access was fine , I set up WSPR and it runs fine!

Console report....

android=false
    kiwi_util.js:82 safari=NaN firefox=NaN chrome=71 opera=NaN
    kiwi.js:53 conn_type=kiwi
    kiwi.js:1171 client public IP: 86.174.163.15
    2kiwi.js:1175 badp=0
    openwebrx.js:97 LAST f=21095.63 m=usb z=14 9_10=1 min=-112 max=-112
    openwebrx.js:102 URL: http://192.168.1.97:8073/
    openwebrx.js:208 GC: snd=0 wf=1 recv=1 wspr=1
    kiwi.js:315 INIT f=21095.63 m=usb z=14 min=-112 max=-112
    w3_util.js:238 w3_call: while in func this exception occured:
    w3_util.js:239 TypeError: Cannot read property 'innerHTML' of undefined
    at w3_menu (w3_util.js:1788)
    at right_click_menu_init (openwebrx.js:1983)
    at kiwi_main (openwebrx.js:215)
    at w3_call (w3_util.js:228)
    at kiwi_valpwd2_cb (kiwi.js:253)
    at extint_valpwd_cb (ext.js:520)
    at kiwi_msg (kiwi.js:1176)
    at on_ws_recv (kiwi_util.js:1056)
    at WebSocket.ws.onmessage (kiwi_util.js:989)
    kiwi.js:377 GEOLOC ipapi.co/json
    kiwi.js:378 Object
    kiwi.js:407 GEOLOC Welwyn, United Kingdom
    xdLocalStorage.js:181 XDLS seen servers=0
    kiwi_util.js:994 WS-CLOSE: SND
    kiwi_util.js:994 WS-CLOSE: W/F

I did clear the browser history before raising the query.
    I use my KiwiSDR a great deal, at the moment for NDB listening. Having used many RX's over a very long time the KiwiSDR is now my favorite, it is just so convenient so I really miss it!

Thanks John for a great receiving system ( it's much more than a single RX !). And thanks for helping

Alan
    G8LCO
  • jksjks
    edited January 2019
    There is something dreadfully wrong here. Is it possible to open port 8073 on your router so I could connect to the Kiwi and look around? If you don't know how to do this then it might be easier if we temporarily set it up to use the kiwisdr.com proxy. Please email me at support@kiwisdr.com for further instructions about that.
  • jksjks
    edited January 2019
    Yeah, the only way those error messages could happen is if the main index.html file were damaged. But any problems with that should have cleared when you re-flashed and/or updated to the latest release. So that doesn't quite make sense.

Have you added any custom HTML to the Kiwi main page by putting something in the "Additional HTML/Javascript for HTML (head) element" field on the webpage tab of the admin page? Or any fancy HTML in the other webpage related fields? But that would have all been overwritten when you re-flashed unless you explicitly entered it again.
  • Alan I assume you did clear the cache as Ron suggested and that you are not running a proxy server between you and Kiwi?
    I'm thinking a cached data may be bad and not being asked for directly from the Kiwi.

Second question do web Kiwi's work OK?