Is there are way to reduce the 2 second audio delay in Kiwi reception?

Many potential ham users of the Kiwi find the delay too much for it to be used in 2-way conversations. Is there any way to reduce that delay? Does a kiwirecorder.py session get the audio stream faster than the web GUI?

Comments

• jksjks
    edited December 2018
    In a word, no. Architectural limitations. If you search there are innumerable discussions on the forum about this topic (too bad the forum search tools are so bad). Kiwirecorder doesn't receive the audio faster but will have less delay because it doesn't need the additional buffering required to mitigate the uncontrollable Javascript latency of the browsers.

Also, there should be no expectation of using the Kiwi in 2-way conversations. Kiwi is advertised as a "casual" shortwave receiver with modest performance etc. etc.
  • Before I posted this I searched the forum on this topic but didn't find relevant postings.
    Could one work around this by feeding an IQ stream to SDR application running on a remote PC?
    I can guess that that wouldn't work if the latency is introduced by the DDC CIC filtering.