Help needed: Firefox / Chromium "page unresponsive" bug (Javascript looping)

jksjks
edited December 2018 in Problems and Issues
Guys, I need some help tracking down this bug. There have been several reports now of the latest versions of Firefox or Chromium getting the "page unresponsive" popup error message when trying to load the Kiwi page.

I don't see the problem here and so it is impossible for me to debug. If you have this problem and are able to let me connect to your computer from the Internet via TeamViewer please email support@kiwisdr.com. Once we've decided a mutual time to begin you would only need to be present to start TeamViewer and email me the login credentials. Then I'll use your browser's built-in Javascript debugger to try and figure out what's going on and you can go do something else. I'll disconnect when finished.

Thanks very much.

Comments

• I want to make another plea for some help finding this problem. I've had several more people complain about it.

If you're having this problem I need access to the remote browser via TeamViewer so I can use the browser's debugger so see what's going on. I don't see this problem on any of the browser/OS combinations I have here, so I can't debug the issue. Please email me at support@kiwisdr.com if you can help me out.

Thanks!

• Hi,
    I've got the same here with Firefox on Windows 10. I cannot load my KiwiSDR webpages (both, admin and the radio), I just get a blank screens without any message. I cleared cache and all other stored data in that Firefox, it doesn't help. It's not a firewall issue, IE works with it on the same PC. But it is strange: it happens only on one of my computers, on all others it works with Firefox, they all run Win10 and newest Firefox. I have no idea ... I appended some data from Firefox console. Maybe that helps.

Eckhard

Attachments:
    https://forum.kiwisdr.com/uploads/Uploader/66/86681401e2398bad35aead9df16dd3.jpg
    https://forum.kiwisdr.com/uploads/Uploader/8e/2f7c85b691075c896d5e86fd80f1c0.zip
  • I need the messages from the "konsole" tab of the Firefox debugging window. But the ones you sent from the network tab are useful, thanks.

Is one of the machines Win10 64-bit instead of 32?
  • Ok, there's only one:
    XDLS seen servers=0 xdLocalStorage.js:181:4
    Clicking on xdLocalStorage.js:181:4 brings up the debugging window with line 181 shortly marked, see appended file.

Eckhard

Attachments:
    https://forum.kiwisdr.com/uploads/Uploader/09/eda23555b80e553fee291c555d6486.jpg
  • If you leave "konsole" selected, and then refresh, do you get more than just the one message?
  • No, only that one and debugger jumps into line 181.
  • Are you getting a popup panel from the browser saying "Javascript/page unresponsive" or simply a blank page and nothing else?

The code in your debugger output is part of the unfinished "user preferences" feature. Maybe I'll take that out in the next release to see what happens.
  • There's no message, just a blank tab and nothing else. And again, it is only on one of my computers, on others it runs in Firoefox without any problems. I have no idea what the difference is between them.

Eckhard