Some things I have noticed [problems with a large DX/label database]
edited February 2018 in Problems Now Fixed
Over the past few weeks (and various updates) I have noticed some subtle changes in the performance of my KiWis.
Some of these have been present for a long time, but recently appear to have become more noticeable.
This is not intended as a criticism (I love my KiWi's), but just a few things that I have observed and could possibly be imagining.
I don't know if it's just me, so I thought I'd mention them in case anyone else has experienced something similar.
1. When set to zoom level 6. If I use the left and right arrow buttons to move up or down in frequency, the audio stutters for a short period of time ranging from 0.5 to 3 seconds (Chrome) or mutes completely (Firefox). The exact length of stuttering varies upon how many consecutive button presses I have entered. For some reason it's hardly noticeable at other zoom levels
2. When committing a new DX tag entry (Current DX.json file size = 332Kb) the whole SDR stops for approx 5 to 8 seconds. I'm fairly sure It used to be almost instantaneous.
3. The audio latency on remote KiWi SDR's seems to have got worse. Delays of up to 2.5 seconds are not uncommon. I thought that this had improved some time ago with John's tweaks, but it now seems back to wher it once was.
Martin - G8JNJ
i have the same Problem on my Laptop ThinkPad T61 Intel Core2 Duo Processor T5870. With Windows 7 and Firefox. I have many NDB Labels on my Kiwi. When i go in the NDB Utility Area and zoom in stocks the Kiwi Screen for a long while. But on my other Laptop Thinkpad X220 with I7 Processor Win 7 all OK. On the X220 Notebook all runs great.
on my notebooks works the new Version very fine. No stockings and very Fast.
Thanks for that.