Lost Almost everything From Webpage [fixed in v1.512]

edited April 2022 in Problems Now Fixed

My KiwiSDR stopped displaying most information including the time. I can access the Admin pages, but haven't changed anything.


  • I opened the Javascript Console and found these errors:

    kiwisdr.min.js:40 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'o')

      at setup_band_menu (kiwisdr.min.js:40:94065)

      at panels_setup (kiwisdr.min.js:40:139519)

      at wf_init (kiwisdr.min.js:40:58388)

      at WebSocket.owrx_msg_cb [as msg_cb] (kiwisdr.min.js:40:182080)

      at on_ws_recv (kiwisdr.min.js:22:21006)

      at WebSocket.l.onmessage (kiwisdr.min.js:22:20226)

    kiwisdr.min.js:10 GEOLOC https://ipapi.co/json



    kiwisdr.min.js:10 GEOLOC Bloomington, Indiana, USA

    kiwisdr.min.js:10 ### load_cfg W/F 20514

    kiwisdr.min.js:40 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'start')

      at dx_update (kiwisdr.min.js:40:104975)

      at kiwi_msg (kiwisdr.min.js:10:27696)

      at on_ws_recv (kiwisdr.min.js:22:20975)

      at WebSocket.l.onmessage (kiwisdr.min.js:22:20226)

    kiwisdr.min.js:46 [Deprecation] The ScriptProcessorNode is deprecated. Use AudioWorkletNode instead. (https://bit.ly/audio-worklet)

    kiwisdr.min.js:61 XDLS ping reply server=0 seen_ct=1

    kiwisdr.min.js:61 XDLS ping reply server=1 seen_ct=2

    kiwisdr.min.js:61 XDLS seen servers=2

    kiwisdr.min.js:10 xdLocalStorageHA READY

    kiwisdr.min.js:40 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'canvas')

      at resize_scale (kiwisdr.min.js:40:32161)

      at openwebrx_resize (kiwisdr.min.js:40:9461)

  • look on the admin/webpage tab for accidental edits or other errant text

  • jksjks
    edited April 2022

    Some of these messages tell me this is (perhaps) an atypical browser (i.e. not one of the big three).

    So which browser and version? And which KiwiSDR version? Is this your own Kiwi or a public one? What happens if you try public ones? And especially public ones running an earlier version than the version failing above? (use the search field on rx.kiwisdr.com to quickly find versions earlier than e.g. v1.510)

    What happens when you try other browsers?

  • Browser: Google Chrome Version 100.0.4896.127 (Official Build) (64-bit)

    KiwiSDR version: v1.510

    My own KiwiSDR, not shared publicly because Comcast would make me pay to do that.

    It was working this morning with the same version. Checked another KiwiSDR updated to the same version and it worked.

    Microsoft Edge gave the same result.

    I suspect my problems started when I look the Admin DX page and had an accidental save.

  • jksjks
    edited April 2022

    Okay, thank you, very helpful. I don't do a lot of testing with Chrome, although in theory it isn't supposed to behave any differently from the other browsers.

    Let me try and replicate the problem.

  • I got it.

    Apparently an accidental save changed all the Service/Broadcast entries on the Band Plan to Service/Unknown. Changed them back to Broadcast and it is working properly.

    BTW, I love this radio and congratulate you on an amazing job.

  • jksjks
    edited April 2022

    I dunno, works fine for me.

    Best thing to do at this point is to put your Kiwi on the proxy service so I can connect and take a look at it directly. Please send an email to support@kiwisdr.com and I'll tell you what's required.


  • Okay, good. I'll add some code so a user connection doesn't get such a bad result when this situation occurs.


Sign In or Register to comment.