jks

About

Username
jks
Last Active
Roles
Member, Administrator, Moderator
  • My Kiwi asks for password after 60-minute inactivity timeout when I'm connecting [fixed in v1.215]

Well, there was definitely a bug. Bjarne your Kiwi has the fix. Everyone else will get it in the update tomorrow.

The bug was timing sensitive which explains why it didn't occur consistently. Still, I'm very surprised this was only noticed recently by you and by Martin yesterday. The bug has been there for like a year now or something.
    Bjarne
  • Interesting signal 16115 MHz

Endlessly amusing that every time HF is declared dead some new application emerges.
    WA2ZKD
  • KiwiSDR Recording - Is Prerecording Possible?

I think that should be fairly easy to implement.
    Bjarne
  • TDoA Successes

@Ron, That image shows IQ mode, but with a center frequency of 59.5 kHz and an unbalanced passband that is much too wide for running TDoA on WWVB. If you actually ran using these settings try running again on exactly 60 kHz with a balanced passband of, say, 100 Hz. Hold down the shift key and then click the +/- magnifying glass icons (zoom icons) to symmetrically adjust the passband. Each time you click the passband is reduced (increased) by 80%. Hover over the left or right yellow passband edge to see the current bandwidth.
    WA2ZKDTonda
  • TDoA UI improvements

It turns out v1.204 is what you need. If you already have v1.203 you won't get v1.204 for another 24 hours. But you can force an update to v1.204 immediately by just restarting the Kiwi. This only applies to Kiwi owners of course.

Everyone else, just look on sdr.hu or rx.linkfanel.net for a Kiwi running v1.204. It doesn't really matter what Kiwi you use to run the extension.
    Christoph