The KiwiSDR 2 online store is open for orders! Please visit kiwisdr.nz
Please visit kiwisdr.com (documentation) and kiwisdr.nz (online store)

jks

About

Username
jks
Last Active
Roles
Member, Administrator, Moderator
  • S meter averaging? [fixed in v1.290]

Okay, this was relatively easy and will be in the next release.
    PowernumptyHB9TMC
  • KIWISDR.LOCAL only working on admin interface

One additional thing to check. If you can, log into the Kiwi Beagle and type "scs avahi-daemon". See if it is running. If it's not running then restart it by typing "scre avahi-daemon", check the status again with "scs", and see if pings to kiwisdr.local begin to work. Also check that "cat /etc/hostname" on the Beagle prints "kiwisdr" as the host name.
    Powernumpty
  • Noiseblanker for kiwirecorder [fixed]

Okay, I just added "--nb" and related options. See the kiwirecorder help ("make help") and the "nb:" target in the Makefile.
    PowernumptyHB9TMC
  • Reports of no audio

@K7JFC Thanks, that's a very good idea. I'll update the docs to indicate the delivered v1.2 software will have audio problems because of the new browser autoplay restrictions.

[update: I have done this]
    K7JFC
  • v1.281: signal generator extension, audio FFT fixes

From the CHANGE_LOG file:
    v1.281  April 12, 2019
        Add URL parameter "peak" to set spectrum peak hold mode (overrides last value saved in cookie)
            e.g. "&peak", or redundantly "&peak=1", but more usefully "&peak=0"

Audio FFT:
            Allow URL parameter "no_wf" to be used in 4 and 3-channel modes, not just 8-channel mode.
                This is useful e.g. if you want to use the audio FFT to study the frequency response of
                the new de-emphasis filter in 20 kHz mode (3-channel mode) where you would otherwise
                never be given the audio FFT because there is no shortage of waterfall channels.
            Added missing window function to FFT.
            Fixed scale/waterfall click frequency in non-IQ modes.

Added signal generator extension. When enabled replaces ADC input to audio/waterfall DDCs
            with a tunable RF signal source using the same FPGA DDS IP block used by the DDC mixers.

WARNING: Be careful about drawing conclusions re Kiwi performance and possible bugs
            when using the sig gen. It reveals spurious responses in the waterfall/spectrum to a greater
            degree than if you just tune around with an antenna connected. But without detailed
            experimentation it can be difficult to know where the limitations are. Remember that the
            Kiwi is a carefully balanced compromise to get 4-channel mode to work (i.e. fit in the FPGA
            and have enough Beagle CPU cycles). So the DDSs, mixers, DDCs and FFTs are not perfect.
            Speaking of compromise, when considering FFTs it's important to understand this:
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectral_leakage

HB9TMCWA2ZKDG8JNJ