Using my Ipad with my KiwiSDR works wonders with “/?m” (not new, but it was to me)

Hi,

if you use an Ipad to check your KiwiSDR, I guess you may have had trouble with the interface as I have had!

And that is just because I missed the extension “/?m”

If you have too, try it:

Log on for example with http://“your kiwisdr serial”.proxy.kiwisdr.com:8073/?m

and now the interface works as expected on my Ipad…..

Best 73

Henrik

Comments

• The iPad I have here is so old that /?m makes no difference.

I'd be interested: Could you mention some of the things that work differently? Since there is nothing in the code that detects /?m and does anything differently, it must be changes in how the browsers render the HTML.

• Certainly

When any button is pressed in the userpanel, the keyboard pops up, and the frequency input window is highlighted for input:

So if you adjust the zoom, volume or mode, you have to get rid of the keyboard to continue……

Also, the two finger swipe functions does not work.

All is fixed with /?m

My Ipad details:

BR

Henrik

• Okay, the keyboard issue.

Yeah, I wish Apple would quit changing what are supposed to be stable web standards. And not make it such a moving target. If maintaining the mobile interface was my only job this wouldn't be an issue. But of course that isn't the case.

• Hi John,thanks

Trust you have much more on your plate right now....and actually, the /?m does it for you!!

Perhaps a more prominent presentation of this possibility would have solved my misery earlier.....

BR

Henrik

• jksjks
    edited July 20

Does anyone think this is a problem for earlier than iPadOS/iOS 17?

I'm thinking about, on connection, automatically adding the "m" to the URL and forcing the page to reload. But only if the user agent info specifies iPadOS/iOS 17 or later. Just to limit any unnecessary page reloads.

• I have an old iPad mini stuck at 9.3.5, and I have to select the mobile site to prevent the keyboard popping up.

But it's not a problem for me, as I got used to it.

Regards,

Martin

• That's very odd. My old iPad is a gen 2 running 9.3.5 and this problem never occurs. On Safari or Firefox.

• Apologies John,

I was using Chrome, and clearing the cookies restored "normal" operation, where it defaults to the mobile site.

Regards,

Martin

• jksjks
    edited July 21

I guess I'll have to try Chrome. I still don't quite understand as I thought this was a problem with recent versions of iOS as opposed to being a browser problem.