FT8 6m Autorun [fixed in v1.695]

edited July 25 in Problems Now Fixed

Please will it be possible to add 6m to the FT8 autorun options.

I think a useful feature for many stations using down converters. This will save running a PC to provide FT8 reports and allow daily restarts.

Thank you :-)

Jonathan

G8URE

Comments

• The KiwiSDR has a low pass filter. Anything above 30 MHz is cut off.

(See the Schematic, Page 2)

http://kiwisdr.com/docs/KiwiSDR/kiwi.schematic.pdf

Check out Openwebrxplus, running on an Raspberry Pi 4, as an alternative. It also offers many options for decoding digital signals to VHF/UHF.

73s Holger, DF6DBF

• edited July 20

I think the question was reasonable since it was "using down converters". For this reason using a frequency converter/extender such as the 0-2 GHz transverter I use here suggests the value of having many additional bands listed as options.

Amateurs have already made a great deal of use of narrow band modes above HF, particularly WSPR on 2m and shorter wavelengths.

6m FT8 is very active now in the Northern Hemisphere as we are in the midst of the sporadic E season. With the LO offset JKS has added, the KiwiSDR already natively supports all-modes on all-bands. Adding FT8 support and even all-extension support makes a lot of sense to me.

Why not support it all in a Kiwi?

Holger
  • Yes, I can do that. Added to my infinite list of things to do..

Holger
  • I see that WSPR autorun has V/UHF presets. I had forgotten about that. And the WSPR code will not start a particular autorun if the band isn't covered by the current offset frequency range.

So I just need to do the same thing for FT8.

• Hi John,

Could you also add the 8m band, 40.680MHz dial for WSPR & FT8.

Thanks,

Martin

• Hi Martin. Good point. Will do..

• Thanks John,

I'm one of the few UK operators on the band, but we have to use a commercial non-amateur licence.

Regards,

Martin

• edited July 20

Thank you all for your comments and feedback.

I currently run 6M FT8 using a laptop and auto-run 6M WSPR on the same Kiwi. I have the Kiwi updates and time limits switched off so not to 'kick' this laptop.

FYI... This 6M SDR is using a vintage 1942 Gee Navigator front end (with 6MHz IF) to commemorate the 80th anniversary of the D-day landings.

The Gee Navigator is the grandfather of todays GPS.

(The computer PSU box is the LT & HT supplies for the down converter.)

Jonathan

• jksjks
    edited July 22

After looking around I've come up with these frequencies for V/UHF FT8/FT4. Anyone think any differently?

FT8: 40680 50310? 50313 50323 70100? 70154 70190 144174 222065 432065? 432174 1296174

FT4: 50318 144150? 144170

Frequencies ending with ? I'm not certain about.

• I have searched on the internet and found the same frequencies.

For 6m in Europe, I see most activity on 50.313MHz.

50.323MHz becomes active only when the propagation is good.

I have not seen a signal on 50.310MHz yet.

Jonathan

• Okay, thanks. It's not difficult to change the frequencies in the future. I just thought it would be good to have a fairly accurate list first time out. Will be in the next release..

• Thank you for adding the VHF (and UHF) FT8 frequencies.

6m FT8 tested and working great :-)

Jonathan