Admin waterfall floor adjustment

Hi all,

On the admin screen under config tab, I am trying to set a Waterfall floor to help clear some washed out areas of the spectrum.

I can't see any change when I make a change in this setting. It defaults at 0db, I tried -75, -80 etc and not user lever change seen.

Am I missing something on how to adjust this?

TIA

Steve, NA5C

KiwiSDR 21738

Comments

• I set mine to

Waterfall min (dBFS, fully zoomed-out) -110

Waterfall max (dBFS) -20

S-meter calibration (dB) -13

Waterfall calibration (dB) -10

I thought you could also set the Auto waterfall max and minimum levels, but I can't find that option.

But just in case - Waterfall Ceiling +10 Waterfall floor -6

Regards,

Martin

• Hi Martin,

Thanks for the info,

Where do you set the DBfs scaling? Mine is in DB scale for the above mentioned settings.

Thanks

Steve

• jksjks
    edited September 29

So those values on the admin page may not mean what you think they mean.

They are the initial values set the first time a user ever visits your Kiwi. After that they acquire their own values for all the WF settings that are saved in browser local storage (for that particular Kiwi). The values on the admin page never override the user settings after that. Subsequent connections by the user always use the values saved in browser storage.

However some of the values do change what the user sees on each connection because there is not a corresponding setting saved in browser storage. "display setup" is one of those.

• OK, Got it...Thanks John

Steve, NA5C

• Hi Steve,

The KiWi is not calibrated in dBfs as such.

If you use the waterfall and S-Meter values I previously posted, it will be close to genuine dBm values. 0 dBm = 1mW into 50 ohms.

Try to keep individual strong signals at less than -20dBm and if you have a lot of them, try for -30dBm instead.

Signal levels will change with propagation and from day to night.

Regards,

Martin