Horizontal lines

New device as of 8/22/24. I view from iPad Air.

All went just fine for installing on my widows machine

no issues when using on iPad

software update the other night and after that I get horizontal lines on the waterfall. No lines when viewed from windows machine.Still operating as it should from iPad. Any thoughts

thanks

Comments

• Is it a thin white line that shows up erratically every few "inches" of vertical waterfall? ANd then scrolls down to follow the waterfall. Add flashes some as it does?

What browser on the iPad Air?

This is most likely a browser rendering engine bug that has been around since 2016 at least. It's never been fixed (by the browser people) or properly understood. It happens with some non-Kiwi web applications as well that do this sort of waterfall scrolling in HTML using the OpenWebRX method (like a sectional garage door).

• The browser is safari . I changed it to Duck Duck go

the lines are now gone…

thanks for your help

• Duck Duck go has a browser now?

• Besides other possible reasons, I found that horizontal lines can sometimes appear due to scaling depending on the browser's zoom level. Example: I have older devices with relatively small screen sizes like 1024 x 768 pixels or so. To make better use of the screen space, I let the browser zoom out (by hitting Ctrl+Minus once or more times). That works good, but I found that - at least with firefox - every other zoom step produces horizontal lines, so I have to step one zoom level up or down to get rid of the lines.