Kiwiclient installation hints

I've been building a new bookworm based system and am in need of some current instructions on how to build/install kiwirecorder.

I've looked in the Wiki and find in the readme, a description of a lot of features, but nothing about how to actually install it.

Perhaps I overlooked it, so any pointers appreciated.

John

Comments

• I just updated that readme file with some installation instructions. Let me know if I need to do more.

• John,

Let me go give that a shot on my Pi and see if I can get it going from there tomorrow AM.

Thanks very much for the quick response!

John

• Got that installed and running, but a test copied from my old installation results in:

Is there an argument I need to pass kiwi_nc that I'm failing to provide?

Thanks

John

• jksjks
    edited August 18

Sorry about that. I forgot that I needed to update the other programs, and not just kiwirecorder.py, when I added busy_retries etc last week. It's now fixed if you update your repo clone.

Also note that kiwirecorder had been updated a while back to include netcat functionality via the --nc option. But it's also okay to keep using kiwi_nc.py

• OK, thanks that worked, I'm a bit closer now (picture monkey fumbling in the dark...)

• All working now. Using Bookworm, and running Rob's wsprdaemon, and and instance of QRSSPiG being fed by kiwi recorder on 22M and it all seems great.

Oh, and no memory leaks like Bullseye .

Thanks for the help!