Band bar edits not being seen [fixed in v1.696]

edited August 5 in Problems Now Fixed

I recently edited some of the band bar defaults so that, for example, the correct mode (USB/LSB) is switched for the amateur radio bands. This only seems to work on the laptop I made the edit from. If I start a KiwiSDR session from another PC the edits I made don't work - am I missing something???

My SDR is on http://21495.proxy.kiwisdr.com:8073/. When you select the 40m amateur band it should switch the mode to LSB, likewise the 20m band should switch to USB. The issue is that they don't......

Neil

Comments

• I just tried editing mine to lsb for 160, 80 and 40m, by adding "lsb" in the appropriate field in the DX edit menu, and it all seems to work OK.

• Thats very strange, it only works for me on the PC I used to make the changes on.....oh well....

• This is what mine looks like....

• So there are two things that have to be correctly set before your entry in the freq/mode/zoom field will have an effect.

• If there are multiple entries for the same band that have different ITU regions you have to change the one that matches the current ITU region set on the admin config tab. But since you have set them all (R1/R2/R3) this is not a problem.
    • On a user connection the "stored" database must be selected. Not the EiBi or community databases. This is because those two use fixed definitions. Just like their DX labels are fixed. All of the entries on the admin DX tab only apply to the stored database. This may be your problem.

I tried it and it worked fine.

• I've had a bit of a play. The settings in the kiwisdr are correct. The problem seems to be browser related. I am using chrome on a number of devices and the updated settings don't work (though I updated chrome on my laptop then it worked fine). Using firefox or avast browser it works!

Another weird variable is that if I connect direct to the kiwi using it's static IP on my network rather than the reverse proxy it works. I'm even more confused as to why that would happen!

I'm not asking for any brain power to be applied to trying to figure this out but it may be useful information.

• Okay. Thanks for being persistent about this. It turns out to be a very nasty timing bug in the code. I started seeing it myself after using Chrome. There must be some slight timing difference between Firefox and Chrome that allows this to occur.

I have a fix ready for the next release. Thanks again!

• I wont pretend to understand what that means or why it might make a difference! I do know that Chrome has had a few issues with other things so probably shouldn't be the first choice for a browser. I've been using the Kiwi for a few months now and have to say it is a very impressive all round performer and I now use it as my default rather than SDR Console and a Airspy HF Discovery+ because of the functionality and convenience......

• I tested my fix against Chrome and Firefox and it seemed to fix the issue. And I think I understand the issue pretty well. So hopefully after the next release this won't be a problem.

• Fantastic, thank you....