v1.695

From the CHANGE_LOG file:

v1.695 July 25, 2024

Antenna switch:

If in auto aperture mode an antenna change now causes an auto scale since the new antenna

might have a significantly different gain.

Arduino-based backends now correctly turn the antenna selection buttons green.

Currently, the selected antenna's "frequency scale offset" field can conflict with the

frequency scale offset set elsewhere. E.g. on the admin config tab or via a URL parameter

or the right-click menu. Example: The default antenna has an offset of zero (HF) but the

admin config tab offset is 140000 kHz (2m). As a stopgap you can now enter an antenna

offset value of "-1" (minus one) and no offset change will occur as antennas are changed.

WSPR/FT8:

Autoruns are restarted when frequency offset is changed.

Added UHF/VHF frequencies to FT8 extension and autorun menus.

Including 40680 kHz (8m) for both.

User tab: Added menu to reverse sense of wheel/trackpad direction.

Comments

• My KiwiSDR was off the public presentation with 1.694, but reappeared after building 1.695.

Was that an issue you solved, or a coincidence, please?

My Kiwi is on via the proxy….

BR

H

• One of the problems with 691/692 affected public listing. But this should have been fixed in 693 and remained fixed in 694 and now 695.

• edited July 29

Hi,

Tested the Arduino-netshield with v1.695 and works fine. Instead of Arduino nano I'm using the Arduino nano 33 IoT with WiFi. Not tested with old nano if issues due slower MCU. My final version of the switch I think will be with STM32 and W5500 ethernet module (where will be positioned I have already an ethernet cable but WiFi signal is weak). STMs are cheap too and will come handly for some other things I want to implement in the future...

@jks Tnx for your efforts in arranging to work 👍️

73 Andrej - s57rw

• I'm noticing that in 1.695 on the admin page, there is the additional stats of "realtime_D and realtime_S."

What do these relate to?

• jksjks
    edited August 4

Counters of how many times the data pump (FPGA to Beagle) and sound process failed to meet the realtime transfer requirements, i.e. dropped sound data. A statistic mostly for my benefit, as are the other numbers there (and that histogram thing).