SNR Measurement (timing) enhancement

edited July 22 in Feature requests

Would it be possible to change the timing from as it is today _or_ add a new feature for exactly WHEN these SNR measurements are taken?

For example, as it is today, if one chose each 4'th hour, one cannot know exactly when these measurements are taken, or can we?

Wouldn't be better if one could specify exact times, like 00, 04, 08 12, 16, 20? I believe that for comparison of different measurements, it would help when they are taken at exact (known) times.

73s

Geir, LA6LU

Comments

• If you're familiar with cron, you could add a cronjob:

crontab -e

Then add following line (replace the ip with the IP of your kiwi):

0 0,4,8,12,16,20 * * * curl 192.168.1.87:8073/snr?meas > /dev/null 2>&1

That would initiate a measurement at 00:00, 04:00, 08:00, 12:00, 16:00 and 20:00.

• If you're familiar with cron, you could add a cronjob:

crontab -e

Then add following line (replace the ip with the IP of your kiwi):

Yes, but I gather one must run Linux for cron. I am running windows. 😁

• You can run it on the kiwi itself

• edited July 26

For my Kiwi running in Thailand that will not work:

CONSOLE: only available to local admin connection

• jksjks
    edited July 30

I turns out that setting is essentially bogus. You can override it easily. I didn't think it through carefully enough when implementing it.

Even if you're connected as admin from the Internet simply go to the "security" tab and set the switch that says Restrict console connections to the local network? to No. Then refresh the page, then go to the console tab and click Connect. It should now work.

The problem is that setting can't be in the admin interface. Otherwise it can always be defeated. This feature needs a setting similar to the one that disables the console tab entirely by creating a file called ~/kiwi.config/opt.no_console

See here: http://kiwisdr.com/info/#id-opt-dot

LA6LU
  • jksjks
    edited July 30

Okay, that wasn't too difficult. Fix will be in the next release (v1.696). It will be a new file called ~/kiwi.config/opt.console.local

LA6LU
  • Thanks John.

I will try this soon. :)