My users are reported connecting from IP 127.0.0.1? [fixed in v1.694]

edited July 19 in Problems Now Fixed

Hi,

I know there is a lot in play at the moment with the latest update, however I now see all users reported as using IP 127.0.0.1 on the admin users tab?

I downgraded quickly from 1.691 to 1.690, but this strange behavior continued.

I thought a restart of the beagle would be desirable, and it is now building 1.693.

Is my system somehow compromised??

Does the black-listing work?

Perhaps early days, where we calmly should enjoy the last working version and give John space and quiet to do what he does so well....but as I downgraded, and it continued, I am a bit worried, most likely due to ignorance.....your knowledge is appreciated!

Thanks,

BR

Henrik

Comments

• With v 1.693, IP reports are back to normal....

BR

Henrik

PS: how do I close a thread?

• jksjks
    edited July 16

v1.691/692 had very significant changes to the framework of the networking code (not the version of the networking code itself -- that comes later). Including the code that deals with figuring out the correct IP address in the case of proxy connections. Which would otherwise all look like they were coming from kiwisdr.com which is no good.

So my guess is that there is a problem with that code change. And the issue is only going to come back when I figure out the larger problems with v1.692 (remember that v1.693 is simply a version that uses the identical code present in v1.690). So this issue needs to be understood and fixed.

• Right, thanks....

My later afterthought was that it perhaps was related to the new release...now: take your time and rest.....you must have had a long night!

All working fine for me now with 1.693, but funnily not by reverting manually from 1.691 to

1.690 quite early today, before 1.693 was available....but that does not matter now for me.

BR

Henrik

• Found the problem. Will be included in the next release whenever I manage to get it sorted out.