KiwiSDR 2 & 1.666 Crashing on Local Connection [fixed in v1.667]

edited April 13 in Problems Now Fixed

I've had KiwiSDR 2 and 1.665 running fine for a while. My normal listening day is to have a connection on the local network open all day and worked without problems (local meaning connecting to kiwisdr.local:8073)

It was upgraded to 1.666 in the night and now the local connection lasts for just a few seconds before KiwiSDR crashes & restarts (the OS is not restarted). I am able to connect to via the external address and it seems to work fine.

The admin console works fine from the local connection.

This behavior is the same when using either Brave or Safari on macOS 14 (I normally use Safari on the KiwiSDR as when Brave is in the background, it loses the connection or something to the KiwiSDR. Pretty sure its something with Brave in that case as Safari can run many hours continuously).

Comments

• jksjks
    edited April 13

You seem to be saying two contradictory things. That "the behavior is the same using either Brave or Safari" (presumably the crashing behavior). But then go on to say "Safari can run many hours continuously". Which is it?

I'm running Brave, Safari and Firefox local connections on a v1.666 Kiwi-2 here now (macOS 14) and it works fine.

If you can, please use these commands in the admin console tab and cut/paste the result to support@kiwisdr.com please.

(there is currently an error shown when you first do a console connect)

cd /root/Beagle_SDR_GPS

make slog | tail -n 1000 (this command takes a long time to run)

Thank you.

Could you also try with browser extensions disabled and see if there's a difference?

• On 1.665, Safari ran for many hours on the local connection. Brave would stop after some time if it was in the background. I don't know how long as I was doing long term WSPR and had the audio muted. I didn't run them on the external address often.

On 1.666, Safari & Brave both crash on the local connection.

On 1.666, Safari runs for hours when connected to the external address. I haven't tried Brave on the external connection yet as Safari works in this respect.

There are no extensions in Safari. I do have a bunch in Brave and will disable those to see if they make a difference.

• Okay, I see what's wrong. Thank you very, very much.

Fix coming soon..

• Okay, if you restart it should build v1.667 which will fix the problem.

Thanks again.

• Now running 1.667 and looks like its working fine with Safari on the local connection now.

Thanks a lot for the quick fix, really appreciate it.

• Apologies for the trouble. It was related to having IPv6 addresses on your local network. I don't have any IPv6 capability here and so it doesn't get tested as well as it should.