jks

About

Username
jks
Joined
Visits
23,664
Last Active
Roles
Member, Administrator, Moderator
Points
203
  • dx.json

    This whole thing is hopefully going to be fixed soon..

    WA2ZKDM0TAZ
  • Unable to log into Admin menu since v1.81 [fixed: v1.82 reverts the v1.81 changes]

    Daniel, that's a good idea. I've been lazy about not using git branches and that's already changed. I've got some extra units here and could make a public test unit available running the current beta release. The biggest problem with all this has been problems I can't duplicate here either because of subtle differences in my environment or whatever. I'll be really interested to see what this current problem is. I'm sure it will be another SMH (smack my head) moment. These things usually are.

    For anyone who's wondering: the little web server inside the Kiwi software has never sent the appropriate HTTP headers to allow the browser to cache content. So all the static content (images, javascript, etc.) gets downloaded over the wire each time you make a connection which is kinda dumb. Now it's not a huge deal because the audio/waterfall streams pretty quickly dwarf that amount of network traffic. But there are some new features coming which will depend on caching for efficiency. So I've been trying to get it to work. You would think it should be easy, but it's deceptive. Lots of corner cases. And if you get it wrong you end up with a situation where the browser has downloaded some of the latest files (e.g. javascript) but is still using cached copies of others that are out-of-date. And that can be a real nightmare to recognize sometimes. I'm almost certain a caching issue is responsible for the admin page problem.

    G8JNJsv1btl
  • Unable to log into Admin menu since v1.81 [fixed: v1.82 reverts the v1.81 changes]

    Daniel, that's a good idea. I've been lazy about not using git branches and that's already changed. I've got some extra units here and could make a public test unit available running the current beta release. The biggest problem with all this has been problems I can't duplicate here either because of subtle differences in my environment or whatever. I'll be really interested to see what this current problem is. I'm sure it will be another SMH (smack my head) moment. These things usually are.

    For anyone who's wondering: the little web server inside the Kiwi software has never sent the appropriate HTTP headers to allow the browser to cache content. So all the static content (images, javascript, etc.) gets downloaded over the wire each time you make a connection which is kinda dumb. Now it's not a huge deal because the audio/waterfall streams pretty quickly dwarf that amount of network traffic. But there are some new features coming which will depend on caching for efficiency. So I've been trying to get it to work. You would think it should be easy, but it's deceptive. Lots of corner cases. And if you get it wrong you end up with a situation where the browser has downloaded some of the latest files (e.g. javascript) but is still using cached copies of others that are out-of-date. And that can be a real nightmare to recognize sometimes. I'm almost certain a caching issue is responsible for the admin page problem.

    G8JNJsv1btl
  • Local QRM, 60 KHz intervals

    Seeed has been sending me prototypes of a nice aluminum case with small internal fan. Don't know the schedule or price, but hopefully reasonable. I'm trying to get them to resell those nice audiophile linear power supplies too.

    WA2ZKDM0TAZ
  • Local QRM, 60 KHz intervals

    Seeed has been sending me prototypes of a nice aluminum case with small internal fan. Don't know the schedule or price, but hopefully reasonable. I'm trying to get them to resell those nice audiophile linear power supplies too.

    WA2ZKDM0TAZ