The KiwiSDR 2 online store is open for orders! Please visit kiwisdr.nz

FSK Extension - URL parameters [fixed in v1.294]

edited June 2019 in Problems Now Fixed
Hi All,

I'm trying to add some URL parameters to the Extension box in the DX label edit, so that when the label is selected it brings up the FSK decoder and sets the correct bandwidth and tuning parameters.

I'm fairly sure I have done this in the past, and I can get it to bring up the FSK decoder, but I can't remember the syntax for the shift, baud rate and other parameters, and I have't been able to find the information in the quick start or by forum search.

Can anyone remind me how to do it ?

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ

Comments

• I had to look at the code because I couldn't remember either. As far as I can tell the fsk, navtex and fax extensions only allow a frequency to be specified in the extension URL parameter. If this frequency matches one of entries in the preset menus then that preset will be selected, e.g. &ext=fsk,147.3 will select DDH47 on 147.3 kHz in the weather menu.

But the other fsk settings like baud, shift etc. cannot currently be specified in the URL. I should fix this and document the parameters in the help button panels of each extension. Other extensions like the IQ display allow them, e.g. &ext=iq,density,gain:75,carrier,pll_bw:10
  • HI John,

OK, I must have imagined doing this.

I've certainly setup TDoA tags to automatically bring up the other KiWis required to get a fix, by putting a URL string in the tag's extensions edit box, so maybe I was remembering that instead.

It would be nice to be able to store fsk URL's though, but not to panic about implementation, some day it would be nice to have.

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ
  • v1.293  June 21, 2019
        URL parameters added for the FSK extension. Help button panel added for FSK and IQ extensions.

Last admin tab used is reselected on page load.

Kiwi scanner (kiwisdr.com/scan) v1.5 allows port number to be specified.