The KiwiSDR 2 online store is open for orders! Please visit kiwisdr.nz

Frequency Blacklist [fixed in v1.290]

I'd love to have a frequency blacklist. It doesn't even need a UI, I would be happy if I could create/edit a text file with frequency ranges, tuning a frequency within this range would be prohibited. It can be super simple. (I've issues with someone tying up my Kiwi 24/7 tuned into a MARS net frequency, I kick him and he comes back. I block his IP address on my router and he comes back and evades it using a proxy, so even timing limiting my Kiwi would not work, plus it would effect legitimate users)

Comments

• jksjks
    edited June 2019
    I've resisted doing this for a long time because I don't like the idea.

But there have been many requests now and I got something working with only a day's worth of work. It will be in the next release.
    PowernumptyChrisSmolinskiWA2ZKD
  • See the v1.290 software update topic for instructions on how to setup a masked/blacklist frequency.
    ChrisSmolinski
  • No good idea, I presume.
    Rx keeps in use and computer auto systems do not care about signal.
    I guess there are better methods to solve this particular case.
  • Works fine. Once the tag is marked masked, the cursor needs to locate elsewhere until the new signal is heard and then when the masked frequency is selected it is blacked out with no audio. Seems to be a good solution.
    Ron
    KA7U
  • ANgazu, I actually agree with you.
  • This works perfectly fine for me, the pest has gone away. He may be bothering someone else, but there's a solution now. Thanks!