The KiwiSDR 2 online store is open for orders! Please visit kiwisdr.nz

playing IQ files with Spectrum Lab?

Finally had time to try out Spectrum Lab. I attempted to use it to play one or more of the Kiwi created IQ files, but there are so many settings in Spectrum Lab that I'm not sure how to proceed. I can get the IQ file to play, but not at the correct speed and also I can't seem to find passband, mode and other adjustments. Any pointers would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I moved all these questions from the "problems and issues" category to the general "discussion" category. Problems and issues is reserved for actual (or suspected) bugs in the software.
  • what waveform/code are you trying to decode?
  • I was just trying to see what I could do with Kiwi IQ files. I did finally manage to get one to play at the correct speed after I made a settings change, but that's about all. I don't see any way to change modes, passbands, or similar, unless I'm missing them somehow. So far, I've had the best luck with SDRSharp. I also tried Gqrx for Linux, but it didn't seem to "see" any of the IQ wave files and the documentation seems to indicate that it will only read RAW files.
  • Look at the Digimode preset and options in SpecLab
  • @WA2ZKD I tried it, but with the presets all I could see was for modes I don't use like slow speed CW, etc. Nothing that I could find for AM/ USB/ LSB. For some reason, the program doesn't like my sound system so in order to get the files to even play at the correct speed, I have to change the sampling rate. By the way, none of this is essential.... I was curious more than anything else as I've heard about Spectrum Lab for years, just never had time to sit down and figure out the parameters. Although it would be nice, I don't have to use it. I do appreciate the help you've tried to provide, however.