Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

v1.239: shortcut keys 'x' & 'y' for UI visibility control

jksjks
edited October 2018 in KiwiSDR Discussion
Press 'x' to quickly toggle the visibility of all control panels.

Press 'y' to toggle the top bar and band/tag bars as follows: both visible, one visible, the other visible, none visible. The frequency scale remains always visible.

Mobile-device equivalents of this, and mobile improvements in general, are being thought about.
PowernumptyG0LUJG8JNJic8pof

Comments

• Excellent, will get lots of use here thanks.
  • Hi John,

That's really useful and looks especially good when displayed full screen with the spectrum running too.

Any chance of being able to drag the band / dx tag window / frequency scale 'divider' to change the ratio of Tag / waterfall / spectrum display height ?

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ
  • Hi John,

Could you also make it remove the top extension pane e.g. the TDoA map so that it's possible to temporarily see more of the waterfall when an extension is running ? Or perhaps toggle the waterfall and TDoA map (or other extension windows) so that it's possible to flip views in order to see more detail on each pane rather than having a split view.

Would it in someway be possible to toggle between extensions so that more than one could be used at at time without having to open more browser sessions ? For example the Antenna Switch and S-Meter

Regards,

Martin
  • No time soon. I have to do something about mobile. It's intolerable. And Daniel has been rightfully taking me to task, viz:
    However, the current client has more obstacles to mobile friendliness than just the UI. For example, it sends nearly a megabyte of non-minified, non-gzipped JavaScript on page load, and the server even intentionally disables the cache for mobile clients.
    WA2ZKD
  • Hi John,

OK no problem, as you say there are other issues which should take priority.

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ
  • On the list of request for when you grow an extra brain and a second set of typing limbs....

Would it be possible for the Y keyboard to have two phases when the Spectrum is enabled?
    Currently it needs two presses to remove the centre band/tag bar but I'd like that to be On, Compact, Off so the first press leaves just the band graphic visible.

I know you are otherwise occupied so this is only for review if and when you are not.

Cheers
    Stu
  • GM John SUPER option tnx
  • Stu: Yes, definitely a corner-case bug there.