Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

no update stacked in the 1.212 version [filesystem fixed with fresh git checkout]

edited September 2018 in Problems Now Fixed
from log file
UPDATE: build error, no Internet access? status=0x00000200 WIFEXITED=1 WEXITSTATUS=2
please help
thanks in advance
73 de SV8RV

Comments

• Try power cycling your Kiwi. The file /etc/resolv.conf getting damaged will cause this error. And since v1.195 the Kiwi code will make sure the file is okay after a reboot.

If that doesn't work, are you able to login to Debian running on the Beagle? E.g. using ssh from another Linux/OSX machine or PuTTY from Windows? If so, what happens when you do a "ping github.com" from the Beagle?
  • power cycling .. resolv.conf has 2 lines with 2 nameservers (my routers ip and my providers dns server..)....i think file is ok
    ok log to console from windows admin interface console and ping to github.com is ok
  • Okay, there are more things to try.

When logged into Beagle, enter the commands "cdp" (change to build directory) and "m update_check". This will try to fetch the new Makefile from github.com and compare it against the current Makefile. It should note the change in version numbers from v1.212 to v1.224 (or later).

If this works then try building the release manually with the command "up" (update).
  • debian@kiwisdr:~$ cdp
    -bash: cdp: command not found
    debian@kiwisdr:~$ m update_check
    -bash: m: command not found

nothing yet
  • jksjks
    edited September 2018
    You have to login as user "root" to get access to the "cdp" and "m" aliases, and also for certain commands to work that need root privileges. You are logging in as user "debian".
  • root@kiwisdr:~# su
    root@kiwisdr:~#
    root@kiwisdr:~# cdp
    root@kiwisdr:~/Beagle_SDR_GPS# m update check
    make: *** No rule to make target 'update'. Stop.
    root@kiwisdr:~/Beagle_SDR_GPS# m update_check
    make: *** No rule to make target 'update_check'. Stop.

still problem
    anyway many thanks
  • jksjks
    edited September 2018
    Okay, do a "ls -la Makefile" while in the directory via "cdp". Is that file zero length? That would keep the build from working. Also, do a "df". Is the filesystem full? If not, try building from scratch by using these commands:

cdp
    git clean -fd
    git checkout .
    git pull -v
    make clean
    make
    make install
    make start
  • la -la Makefile returned zero lenght. after df space is ok.

root@kiwisdr:~/Beagle_SDR_GPS# git checkout
    error: object file .git/objects/05/727946863c405158da592362e6bf559dffaff6 is empty
    error: object file .git/objects/05/727946863c405158da592362e6bf559dffaff6 is empty
    fatal: loose object 05727946863c405158da592362e6bf559dffaff6 (stored in .git/objects/05/727946863c405158da592362e6bf559dffaff6) is corrupt

trying to to build from scratch
  • jksjks
    edited September 2018
    Okay. Well unfortunately it seems your filesystem has become corrupted. You'll need to restore using the micro sd card shipped with the unit. Or if you're comfortable with Linux commands you could move the source directory aside and do a fresh git checkout. Something like this:

cd
    mv Beagle_SDR_GPS Beagle_SDR_GPS.bad
    git clone https://github.com/jks-prv/Beagle_SDR_GPS.git
    cdp
    mi
    ku
    rz3dvp
  • i must say thank you. i have done the the fresh git checkout with Linux commands. 1.231 version now. all ok.
    73 de SV8RV
    Zakynthos isl. GREECE
    WA2ZKD