Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

TDoA known location markers

Is it possible (or considered for later versions) to have the ability to display the known transmitter location markers on the TDoA combined/ results map? If we used different markers for the predicted TDoA location and the known transmitters it may be possible to present both on the map? I think it would help when you are trying to evaluate the likely location of a TXM.

Dave M0TAZ

Comments

• jksjks
    edited August 2018
    It does this already (if I'm understanding your question correctly -- morning coffee hasn't taken hold yet).

Before you start the process single-click on a reference station so its information is copied into the field at the lower left of the TDoA control panel. Or optionally type your own reference info, format: lat lon id description. Then the result maps will show that info in a marker in addition to the "most likely" position computed. Also, if you're specifying everything from the URL, you can just list the reference station id to have it pre-selected. Just like the Kiwis to use are specified. See below. Using the Google map ruler we can see the difference in computed to actual location is a bit over 20 km.

Attachments:
    https://forum.kiwisdr.com/uploads/Uploader/bd/8d31aa01fe4ac9efaa3bb5aef77090.png
    M0TAZ
  • OK thanks, yes that's exactly it. I wasn't aware of the "click on reference station" very handy thanks.
  • Sorry, as usual the documentation is running behind reality. I need to improve that situation.
  • "documentation is running behind reality" tell me about it! I was looking for a Haynes manual on string theory and nobody carries it. One guy said they stopped because observation changed the content.
  • And asking a question changes the answer.
    It can be experimentally tested and found true within the experimental acuracy of the setup.