V1.212 8ch mode - G8JNJ still not displaying on TDoA Map despite no users and good GPS [fixed]

edited July 2018 in Problems Now Fixed
Here's the status dump

status=active
offline=no
name=10KHz - 30 MHz SDR - G8JNJ - South West UK - Using TC2M Antenna
sdr_hw=KiwiSDR v1.212 ⁣ 📡 GPS ⁣ 📶 ANT-SWITCH ⁣
op_email=martinmail2007-swuksdr@yahoo.com
bands=10000-30000000
users=3
users_max=8
gps=(50.9528872,-2.7459197)
gps_good=7
fixes=6201
fixes_min=28
fixes_hour=1632
tdoa_id=G8JNJ
tdoa_ch=4
asl=120
loc=South West England, UK
sw_version=KiwiSDR_v1.212
antenna=TC2M Broadband Antenna www.tc2m.info
uptime=14163

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ

Comments

• But I am shown on http://rx.linkfanel.net/

Incidentally, I've now been missing from the TDoA map for about three days, so it's not a fleeting problem.

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ
  • Think I've found the problem.

It's associated with using a shared API key from sdr.hu

sdr.hu registration status:ERROR (your IP does not match URL, != 50.116.2.70)

I'll get another key issued for my other KiWi's

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ
  • Martin, on the connect tab of the admin page you had "reverse proxy" selected instead of "domain name". As soon as I changed this, and restarted, sdr.hu was happy again. Selecting reverse proxy without the reverse proxy actually configured causes all sorts of confusion. I guess I'll have to add more code guarding against this possibility.
  • Hi John,

Ah my fault. I hadn't realised that selecting one of the coloured tabs on the config page actually selected the method, I thought they were just tabs to access the config entry boxes. I'd accidentally left the reverse proxy tab set the last time viewed the separate options and then exited the page.

Now I've been made aware of it I properly understand the notes above the tabs.

Thanks for the quick fix, and apologies for the confusion.

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ
    WA2ZKD
  • The networking configuration handles a lot of use cases: DDNS/DUC, reverse proxy, UPNP, private domains, multiple ports, static IPs, split port assignment, DHCP, specified DNS, ... But it's just become bewildering for a lot of people to setup correctly or even understand where to begin. I even get confused on a regular basis.
  • I am again missing form map but don't see why
  • jksjks
    edited July 2018
    The TDoA extension gets the list of TDoA-suitable Kiwis from here (open with browser): http://kiwisdr.com/tdoa/files/kiwi.gps.json
    If your entry shows "fm: 0" then it hasn't produced any GPS solutions in the most recent minute and won't be listed (the precise definition of "most recent minute" is complicated). You're listed at this particular time.