Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

V1.212 8ch mode - problem with timeout ? [fixed in v1.215]

edited August 2018 in Problems Now Fixed
Here's an odd one.

I now have V1.212 8ch mode running.

Two users connected, when I try to log in as Admin after a bout 2 seconds I get the "session has timed out message" and it asks for my password. I try the password and it just goes back to the session has timed out screen.

As soon as there is only one user, it all works as normal.

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ

Comments

• Update.

It's not consistent, sometimes it asks for the password on a local connection when there is only one user.

If I manage to quickly kick them off, then I can login as Admin and I don't get asked for the password (not set on local connection anyway).

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ
  • Further update.

I now have 6 users on my KiWi

When I try to login as a user or as Admin, either locally or via the DDNS IP address, I now get the timeout message every time. I try the exemption password but it just takes me back to the timeout screen after a pause of about 2 seconds.

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ
  • Martin, have you tried adding a local IPv4 entry for the public name = LAN IP in the "hosts" file?
    If your packets are going on some routing trip that makes them appear public that could help.
    I have a distrust of IPv6 (unless well controlled) as it is harder to know when data is tunneled, add a local v4 hosts entry and it should provide an old school path.
    Stu
  • @Powernumpty

OK I'll take a look.

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ
  • I would like to see the relevant messages from the admin page "log" tab about this (assuming you can get in). If this problem were generally true my inbox would be full. No one else is complaining and I don't see it.