Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

Inactivity timeout not timing out [it was okay after all]

edited November 2017 in Problems Now Fixed
Hi folks,

My inactivity timeout is set to 25 mins. But it has stopped timing out, with people staying logged in for many hours. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

I tried changing the timeout to 20 mins but it was still the same. Using V1.146.

Thanks,
Rob.

Comments

• I'm getting a very strange error with your Kiwi. Could you please reboot your Kiwi. Not just restart the server, but a full reboot. Use the "beagle reboot" button on the connect tab of the admin page. Thanks.

• A question: Are you using the new feature that limits admin access to a single ip contained in the file kiwi.config/opt.admin_ip ?

• Thanks for looking at this John.

I have not edited the kiwi.config manually, and the single IP command should not be enabled here. My system runs off a solar panel, and due to the winter has only been swithed on part-time.

Anyway I did a beagle rebot, and will leave it on until the battery times out...

73s, Rob.
  • The weird problem I saw disappeared after reboot, so that's good.

I was able to get the inactivity timeout to work fine when tested with a value of 3 and 25 minutes. I noticed you had the 24hr time limit set to zero. Remember that the inactivity timeout is just that: inactivity. So someone tuning around periodically could be connected indefinitely if they never meet the "inactivity" criteria (no changes to frequency, mode, zoom etc.) If what you want is a connect time limitation then you need to use the 24hr time limit.

• OK,
    will try and report back ASAP.

-Rob

• Yes John,
    Silly me it does time out, I don't know how that box got zero'd
    Inactivity does time out also.

-Rob