Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

Save money on another Kiwi or tell a friend [KiwiSDR sometimes on drop.com for $100 off MSRP]

edited January 2020 in KiwiSDR Discussion
Here's something I ran across that will save you $40 or more

Limited Time Offer, 7 days

Comments

• I see enough people signed up that the price is now $229+shiping
  • I did exactly that.  I hope to see my station soon. 
    I'm planning on adding a Loop like the MFJ-1886 and maybe a phased noise reduction unit.  I may also add a rotter.  I plan to use this as my receive for my transmitter station.  A IC-7410.
    KD5AMB
  • June 20: Massdrop is active for 7 days. US$230 for a KiwiSDR kit.

• jksjks
    edited July 2017
    July 23: Massdrop is active again for 7 days. US$230 for a KiwiSDR kit if they get enough orders. Best deal out there!

• August 31: Massdrop is active again for 7 days. US$230 for a KiwiSDR kit if they get enough orders. Best deal out there!

• FWIW, I evaluated a MFJ loop and it's pretty good. I have Pixel and Wellbrook for comparison
  • I'm in. Hoping for 3 more.
  • October 3: Massdrop is active again for 7 days. US$230 for a KiwiSDR kit if they get enough orders. Best deal out there!

KA7U
  • November 6/7: Massdrop is active again for 7 days. US$230 for a KiwiSDR kit if they get 3 orders. Limited to 6 units total. Best deal out there!

• I did get one on the October Massdrop. K7RHB might get it on the air one day.
    Ron
    KA7U
  • December 14/15: Massdrop is active again for 7 days. US$230 for a KiwiSDR kit if they get 3 orders. Limited to 6 units total. Best deal out there!

WA2ZKD
  • jksjks
    edited January 2018
    January 27/28: Massdrop is active again for 7 days. US $220 this time for a KiwiSDR kit if they get at least 3 orders. Best deal out there!
    You have to register an account on Massdrop to be able to see the terms which describe the $80 discount.

• jksjks
    edited January 2018
    Looks like the drop ended early because they sold all the available units (4) at that price. Should be along again in ~6 weeks if history is any indication.

• March 9/10: Massdrop is active again for 7 days. US $220 this time for a KiwiSDR kit if they get at least 3 orders. Best deal out there!
    You have to register an account on Massdrop to be able to see the terms which describe the $80 discount.

• April 10/11: Massdrop is active again for 7 days. US $220 this time for a KiwiSDR kit if they get at least 3 orders. Best deal out there!

There appears to be some direct international shipping now. I didn't find a list of countries on a FAQ, but when I accessed the page it said "Ships to NZ" under the (non-discounted) price. I'd be interested in what others see.

• May 22/23: Massdrop is active again for 7 days. US $220 this time for a KiwiSDR kit if they get at least 3 orders. Best deal out there!
    https://www.massdrop.com/buy/seeed-kiwisdr-kit?mode=guest_open
  • June 27/28: Massdrop is active again for 7 days. Appears to be US $199 now for a $100 discount compared to the usual $80. A better deal than ever!
    You have to register an account on Massdrop to be able to see the terms which describe the $100 discount.
  • June 30: The Massdrop ended early (usually open for 7 days) because they sold their limit of units (12 it looks like?)
    KA7U
  • I was going to buy 5 more ;=(
  • Well, at least new drops are happening on a regular basis. I honestly don't know how they get away with offering such a steep discount.
  • August 1/2: Massdrop is active again for 7 days. Appears to be back to an $80 discount. Don't delay. There were over 125 people registered to be notified of the drop. The page has a new counter which currently says "11 left".
  • Sorry, bad question.... didn't mean to strike a nerve. I just wonder where are they all. The quantity of public ones seems to move slowly.
  • I did order one during the last active drop (beginning of August), with a (back then) estimated shipping date of 9/19. On 9/19 I received an email from Massdrop that "Due to an unexpected delay, these orders may ship later than the original estimated ship date." and the shipping status is still unchanged, so I think I can assume that the product did not ship on 9/19... Anybody here in the same boat? Is Seeed not able to keep up with the huge demand for KiwiSDR devices? :)
  • I ordered 3 Kiwis and got that email last week, but nothing since then. On the last drop, Massdrop chose a Fedex shipping method which took two weeks to deliver from NJ to California. This time they could make up for this delay by using UPS ground
  • I just sent an email to Massdrop support to see if they have any more information. If I receive anything useful, I'll let you know.
  • Same here, ordered just one but find the communication pretty poor. Probably due to time zones I got the email after the 19th so it read "something may happen in the past" Oh really..It may be delayed, yesterday. Jokes apart I had to dig through email to double check I really had purchased one.
  • jksjks
    edited September 2018
    On the Seeed website they were out of stock for a time. Then showed up as "backordered" with an estimated shipping date of Sep 21. Now they are in stock. So they might be in transit to Massdrop about now. But that's just a guess.

I hope it's soon because I need to get in on the next drop, lol.
  • Ah thanks, didn't think to look at the Seeed site (should have been obvious really).
    I did wonder if they made the delivery long to encourage people to give in buy at full price.
  • jksjks
    edited September 2018
    Seeed seems to be funny about how they build things (I don't have any visibility into their processes really). Given how available quantities appear on their website they seem to build in small batches which I wouldn't think would be cost effective (e.g. setup time on the SMT placement equipment). But they build such a huge number of different boards they may have this figured out to optimize their cash flow (e.g. so a bunch of product doesn't end up sitting in the warehouse unsold). I just don't know. I'm sure it's an interesting story.