Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

Minimum CW bandwidth needs reducing [fixed: min is now 4 Hz]

edited September 2017 in Problems Now Fixed

I am interested in Non-Directional Beacon (NDB) DX'ing and I use a Winradio Excalibur SDR, which enables me to get the CW bandwidth down to 10Hz or less.
My normal listening bandwith is in fact 10Hz.

I have been listening to NDBs on the KiwiSDR but have been unable to get the minimum CW bandwidth down below about 50Hz
Is this the minimum that the current software allows?

If so can it please be altered to enable at least a 10Hz bandwidth to be used?

Many thanks

Tracey G5VU

Comments

• v1.107 will let you reduce it to 4 Hz. At this low of a value the filter skirts aren't so great as a percentage of the passband width. But there is a definite signal-to-noise improvement over the previous 50 Hz minimum, so this was a worthwhile change.

Remember the shortcut of holding down the shift key and click on the zoom in/out icons (+/- magnifying glasses) to easily change the passband width by +/- 80%.

WA2ZKD

• Many thanks for getting back to me.
    The majority of KiwiSDRs seem to be on v1.106 but I have found at least one on v1.107.
    The minimum bandwidth goes down below 10Hz which is all that I was looking for.
    The shortcut of holding down the shift key and clicking on the zoom in/out icons (+/- magnifying glasses) to easily change the passband width is great and easy to use.

73s Tracey G5VU

WA2ZKD
  • I have a good array of NDB below 550 KHz you can try that on

• I originally replied to this thread a bit in advance of the update going out. But now most Kiwis seem to have updated to v1.107