Second build has shipped. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

Suggestion - option for ability to display callsigns from DX cluster onto frequency tag bar

edited May 2017 in Problems and Issues
Hi,

Whilst listening to a bit of activity on 10m today I thought that it would be useful to be able to display current callsigns and activity from DX cluster onto frequency tag bar in place of the default tags.

Other options would perhaps be the ability to automatically tune to signals with specific criteria, like those defined by the filters on sites like DXSummit.fi

Some timeout would be required to remove spots after a defined period but this shouldn't be too difficult to arrange.

Just floating the idea for discussion...........

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ

Comments

• Martin,
    That would be a useful feature. I favor the VE7CC user software for a DX Cluster, but maybe the standard cluster software would be more open for the purpose. Which cluster software do you favor?
    Ron - KA7U
  • Hi Ron,

I don't really have a favourite.

It's just that I remember using a radio with Ham Radio Deluxe that had a DX spot 'click and tune' feature that was quite useful, hence the suggestion for further discussion.

It would turn the KiWi into an active DX spot receiver which could be interesting for band monitoring. 

For example 10m is open with Sporadic E today, and it would have been nice to be able to leave the KiWi running in the background and have it automatically tune to the DX for hands free monitoring of conditions whilst doing other stuff in the shack / workshop.

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ

• Martin,

I have an old Ten Tec ORION II that still functions as it should. Ten Tec had an interface file that is useful for mode and frequency coordination between various softwares and the N4PY rig control software. For example MixW will coordinate with that file and the N4PY software. Apparently Carl, N4PY uses the same process to coordinate his DX Cluster User software with his rig control software. 

I don't know how the process could be adapted to the KiwiSDR running in a web browser.
    Ron - KA7U