Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

External Decoders

There are various ways to connect your browser audio output to "external" decoders.

Virtual Audio Cable (VAC) is probably the most popular for Windows users

A second sound card is another approach that works for many OS

Linux offers jack and various GUI for jack.  

I am struggling with Linux and jack, has anybody got that going? 

Comments

• I've had it working in the past, but since Pulse Audio came out I've been using that with Pavucontrol and that is easier to use in my opinion.
    WA2ZKD
  • OK, I have pavucontrol and pulse going. Just need to figure out how to get audio to loop back into app
  • James,
    After the application you need to send audio to is started, look in the recording tab of Pavucontrol and select the correct audio stream available to feed the audio. It is usually a monitor of the default sound card. See the screenshot showing the setup. Let me know if you have difficulty getting going and we can take it to direct messaging.
    Ron - KA7U

Attachments:
    https://forum.kiwisdr.com/uploads/Uploader/97/d8e275f384ebe943ca0c5801847393.png
  • James,
    I should have also said that the connecting applications, all applications for that matter need to use Pulse audio in the settings, if such a thing is configurable. For example FLDIGI will need to have Pulse Audio specified and if you use WINE API to run windows programs, you want to configure WINE to use Pulse Audio. Usually the WINE configuration will default to Pulse, but not always.
    Ron
  • ref: fldigi.. what server string do you use   ?
  • James,
    on the FLDIGI audio tab I check Pulse and leave the server string box blank. I think it defaults to the local Pulse server which would be something like local host or 127.0.0.1, or some such local IP address. You could feed FLDIGI from a network source for the audio which would require an IP address to that particular PULSE server. But I'm talking over my pay grade at the moment. Just leave it blank.

Ron - KA7U