Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

Missing a WSPR setting

I have 2 Kiwi's. My "standard" configuration for each Kiwi is: 7 "receivers" are dedicated to receiving WSPR. With te last software change I can dedicate no more than 6 receivers to WSPR. As a result I miss two WSPR frequenties. Can someone help me out to go back to 7 WSPR receivers ? Many thanks in advance.

Willem

PD0OHW

Comments

• Check the setting of your Admin->Control->Number of simultaneous channels available for connection by non-Kiwi apps

• I'll have a fix for this tomorrow.

• Many thanks. I will wait for the fix.

• Dear OM, have checked the simultaneous channels available for connection by non-Kiwi Apps. It is set to 8.

Willem

PD0OHW

• Okay, if you wait for your Kiwi to auto-update to v1.600 (or restart to manually update) this problem should be fixed. The prior behavior is restored: initially autorun will use all channels of an 8 channel Kiwi (i.e. rx8_wf2 configuration). It's just preemption restart that will not use the waterfall channels (rx0/rx1).

• Dear OM, It is still not functioning. The URL of one of my Kiwi's is http://213.109.126.8:8074/ or 8073

• The Up-date is done

• Well, it works for me. I can configure 7 or 8 WSPR autoruns and the last one or two will appear on channels rx0/rx1.

Are you sure you have more than 6 WSPR autoruns enabled? And are they all on a unique frequency setting in the autorun menus? New code prevents starting an autorun if a menu entry is a duplicate.

I can take a look if you set a temporary admin password and email it to support@kiwisdr.com

• Also, you must be sure the preemption is not set on the autoruns (I see they are set on :8074). Otherwise incoming user connections will kick the WSPR autoruns from channels rx0/rx1 and they will not be restarted like they will be for rx2-rx7.

• Dear OM, many many thanks for your help ! Both of the Kiwi's functioning great again!

Best regards,

Willem

PD0OHW

• Hi Willem,

You would get more spots if you were to run wsprdaemon rather than the Kiwi's internal auto WSPR. See wsprdaemon.org if you are interested.

Rob

• Dear Rob, thank you for your suggestion. I'am terrible with computers. Can we E-mail about this subject?

willemtoerink@yahoo.com

Best regards,

Willem

PD0OHW

• As usual I agree with Rob about wsprdaemon. Great for serious monitoring and has an active community with a very supportive forum of their own.