Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

connection logs and other suggestions

Hello.

It would be cool if the admin interface provided some form of statistics about the Kiwi utilization: on the clients connected, their IPs, frequencies and modes. Namely I am interested in how the users are using my Kiwi, whether they just listen to some AM station regularly, whether they are HAM radio operators or listen to military services etc. Seeing the Kiwi utilization gives some justification of paying the electricity bills.

On Android, the default Chrome browser never hides the URL address bar. Would it be possible to trigger hide of the bar from Javascript to regain a bit more of the screen real estate?

Thanks and 73,

Vojtech OK1IAK

Comments

• BTW I wonder what are the GPS satelite identifiers starting with Q? They pop up and disappear showing very low SNR, thus I wonder whether those are just spurious detections?

• I would also love to have the option to attach hardware button to halt the Kiwi so I can remove power safely. My installation is not quite permanent, I am experimenting with different power supplies etc. and having to pull out phone or laptop to halt Kiwi feels cumbersome.

• edited June 2022

Hi @ok1iak, I think you can use PWR_BUT from BBG GPIO (PIN 09) to add a hardware power button for shutdown your KiwiSDR and it will be don't difficult implementation.

• edited June 2022

Have you went into the admin console and used "shutdown now"

• edited June 2022

On the monitoring, I'd have thought an external monitor would be the way to go, filtered syslogs to a remote endpoint or interrogate the current /status /user html pages rather than extra CPU work and writing to the local storage or RAM.

• I am using a small python script. It runs every hour on schedule( cron @hourly python /home/flydog/logs/User_log.py). Scans the Kiwi log file and writes each user's connection and disconnection data to a separate file. Information about attempts to connect to hidden frequencies is also recorded. The script has been running for six months now. It is easy to adapt to KiwiSDR.

• @rz3dvp

I think you can use PWR_BUT from BBG GPIO (PIN 09) to add a hardware power button for shutdown your KiwiSDR and it will be don't difficult implementation.

Will the Linux and Kiwi server shut down cleanly? Is this functionality already available, or does it need to be implemented in software first?

• @ok1iak momentarily pressing PWR_BUT generate interrupt and BBG/BBB will shutdown cleanly, if you press and hold this button for 8 sec will turn off all power rails on the TPS65217 (this not cleanly shutdown) like on PC.