The KiwiSDR 2 online store is open for orders! Please visit kiwisdr.nz

v1.483: ADC OV count to /status, recording mode fix, GPS QZS update, blacklist changes

v1.483 January 2, 2022

Admin page, log tab, "dump" button will show attempted blacklist connections for proxied Kiwis.

Each individual connection attempt will no longer be shown in the log.

Show ADC overflow count in /status URL ("adc_ov=NNN" parameter)

When recording, prevent switching from mono to stereo modes (and vice versa).

GPS: activate QZS-1R sat (contributed change, see: github.com/jks-prv/Beagle_SDR_GPS/pull/569)

Admin console: process "remain on current line" (\r) sequences properly.

Comments

• Thank you John.

That adc_ov line in /status is very helpful.

• Thanks also from me.

The adc_ov line in /status should allow some additional automation of external BC band notch filters which will be very helpful.

Regards,

Martin

• A quick question.

What does the adc_ov=NNN parameter indicate.

I assume it's a cumulative overload count, but over what period and how is it reset ?

Regards,

Martin

• What does the adc_ov=NNN parameter indicate.

A summation of the ADC overflow events sent from the FPGA. These events are what drive the "OV" text appearing in the S-meter and what are sent to kiwiclient/kiwirecorder. Recall that there is processing in the FPGA to define what an ADC event is relative to the overflow pin on the ADC chip itself (admin config tab: S-meter OV if '>=' 1024 ADC OV per 64k samples).

I assume it's a cumulative overload count, but over what period and how is it reset ?

It's a running count. There is no reset mechanism (keep track of that yourself).

• OK thanks.

I thought it would be a running count, and I guess it may reset to zero when the KiWi reboots.

I'll figure out how to deal with that as required.

Regards,

Martin

• The ADC overflow count is a very handy addition, thanks for adding it!