Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

Stuck resolutely at V1.470 [fixed]

edited December 2021 in KiwiSDR Discussion

Hi folks,

Despite doing...

cdp

m INSTALL_CERTIFICATES

update_fix

... many times or doing the admin page update my system is still stuck resolutely at V1.470. Tried switching 'Automatically install...' on and off but no difference either.

I expect it needs something more drastic to shift from 1.470. Any clues please, anyone?

Comments

• are you able to ssh ans sudo to root? If so, this may do it

cd [goes to /root]After rebooting from the update login again and from a root shell do:

cd [goes to /root]

git clone https://github.com/jks-prv/Beagle_SDR_GPS.git

cd Beagle_SDR_GPS

make clean

make

make install

• edited December 2021

It might be disk full, corrupted downloads etc.

There are other threads on here and I will look for them, that contain the fixes in those cases from John, but if the Kiwi is readily accessible to you, I'd consider a fresh install from original SD card and allowing it to update itself. That is a very basic method and obviously backup all customisations first even if only screen printing each tab. I say that as I see little downside to it and repairing a stuck one is probably most safely down by JKS who may still be enjoying some rare down time.

Stu

E.G. http://forum.kiwisdr.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/12826/#Comment_12826

• Yes, I looked exhaustively through all the 'stuck' threads.

The original SD is long since lost/overwritten as this kiwi was working since 2017. I keep 2 rotating backups. After looking through forests of messages generated by make clean/make/make install I found a message to run this instruction:

dpkg --configure -a

... and after doing the 3 steps again it finally updated! Time will tell if it ever makes it to V1.483...

73s, Rob.

• Better do that backup, but tomorrow, its late Boxing day in the UK.

• We've seen this a few times, where the filesystem is so badly damaged that the package system fails to run without manual intervention to repair it.

• As mine was running since 2017, and outlived an Apple Macbook pro, not surprising there is the odd glitch!