Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

difficuilties when accessing KiwiSDR on the Android -request for Android app. for accessing KiwiSDRs

Hello, I need quite often to access the KiwiSDR with the mobile phohe with Android. There are multiple problems, some of them are due to the display, when some part of the page are out of screen and not accessible. There are problem with the keyboard, in case of entering directly frequency the whole Android keyboard is not necessary. In case of using some extensions (antenna switching etc) there is not possible to close the window after switching. It is not possible to use alternatives to mouse, that means that searching in the frequency database (with right mouse) is not possible too.

When I take all and make a comparison, I think that Application with interface similar to pRxTx Application for using WebSDRs would be much better and easier to use and access.

Is there any way to adapt Kiwisdr receivers in command mode to be accessible with an Application such as pRxTx?

Comments

• edited October 2021

I know, but this app does not concern the control of the KiwiSDR interface itself. There are sure some differences, when the Android web browser (not depending, if Chrome, Firefox or Opera) identifies as mobile phone or if you set the browser to "PC mode". But at least the controls are more or less the same and without keyboard or mouse it is quite troublesome to work with the interface.

• If it's your kiwiSDR, try adding this at the bottom of the "Webpage" tab in the admin portal:

<script type="text/javascript">
    ext_set_controls_width_height = function(e, t) {
      if (e > window.innerWidth) {
        e = window.innerWidth * .95;
      }
      panel_set_width_height("ext-controls", e, t)
    }

</script>
    <style>
    @media only screen and (max-device-width: 600px)
    {
    #id-readme {
    display: none;
    }

#id-control {

transform: scale(.8);
    transform-origin: bottom right;
    right:-13px !important;

}

div#id-top-bar * {
    font-size: 0.9em;
    }

#id-band-container {

display: none;
    }

}
    </style>

• Hello,

before I do that, is there any public Kiwisdr, where this is applied?

• would a control panel like this be enough?

• @ok1vaw

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, mine is running that added CSS:

http://kiwisdr.njctech.com

• edited December 2021

My Kiwis also have the script installed, too. Made a big difference to my Android users.

http://sigmasdr.ddns.net:8073