Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

Non-Ham band WSPR

Hello Kiwians,

I see a fair amount of WSPR activity on the 22M ISM band and I'd like to give a try at decoding it. I have pushed WSPR spots to WSPRnet on 10M for a year or so with one of my Kiwis but I'm not sure how to set up my Kiwi to monitor a non ham-band WSPR frequency.

When I select the Kiwi extension, I'm presented with a selection of ham bands, which of course don't correspond with 13553.95 (USB) that I'd like to monitor. I can add that frequency to the normal tuning window and the waterfall responds as it should but the little WSPR popup window shows a different frequency (whatever it was set to when I launched the WSPR extension)

Any suggestions for accomplishing what I'm trying to do?

Thanks

John

Comments

• When I added the 6 and 13 MHz ISM bands last March (for the UK balloon-mobile crowd) I was told the dial frequencies needed were 6780.75 and 13553.75 (the ISM bands have entries at the end of the WSPR extension "band" menu along with IWBP band hopping).

After the extension is open you can tune the dial frequency to be whatever you want. But the non-standard value is not used when uploading spots to WSPRnet.org. I guess whether that should change or not is open to debate.

• Hi John,

I show my autorun on 22m as 13554.5 in my admin panel. Maybe the better question to ask is "is there a way I can change that". I'm not sure how I ended up with the value I have.

• Is the 80_IU & 60_EU scanned with IWBP?

What is 80_IU for area for? And the 60_EU.... Is for Europe?

Thanks

• To revisit:

• edited May 2022

both 80 and 60m have sub-bands that can't be decoded within a single dtection BW. IWhy there's 2, a long story. Why we call them 60 and 60eu and 80 and 80eu is just a convention that was assumed within the kiwi community.

• And here comes a question that may have already been asked ... Could it be possible for WSPR to start automatically when there is no active user on the slot and to shut down when someone tries to connect?

• My issue above was entirely self-inflicted.

Due to faulty placement of the GPS pucks, my Kiwis were not getting good GPS fixes. When I fixed that issue (moving the pucks about 3') , my Kiwis calibrated and the default WSPR frequencies were fine for receiving WSPR.

• Brings to mind a question that's been running around in my little head for some time; Why can't frequency be a wildcard with the desired WSPR frequency simply entered into the "CF" window?

My question notwithstanding, In my opinion, Kiwi's WSPR option is the very best!!

Thanks John!!

Zeak,