Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

No option to enable GPS [fixed in v1.469]

edited October 2021 in Problems Now Fixed

Many versions ago I disabled the GPS and clicked on the button to "disable GPS'.

Now I have moved the Kiwi to a better location I have reconnected the GPS and antenna.

However, it looks like the old button to enable/disable the GPS has been removed from the latest software.

I can see the setting in the config, I just can't see how to re-enable it...

root@kiwisdr:~/kiwi.config# grep gps admin.json
   "enable_gps": false,
   "always_acq_gps": true,
   "include_alert_gps": false,
   "gps_set_date": true,

Thanks

Comments

• jksjks
    edited October 2021

The old single "Enable GPS?" yes/no switch was replaced with the three "Acquire Navstar/QZSS/Galileo" checkboxes. "enable_gps" remains in the configuration, but has no UI tied to it. However it's a bug that the current code still uses the config param. So if it happens to have been set false even the checkboxes won't work. So until I can fix this please edit your configuration and restart.

• Thank, but I can't seem to be able to fix it...

I have run:

CONSOLE: open connection
    root@kiwisdr:~/Beagle_SDR_GPS# cdk
    root@kiwisdr:~/kiwi.config# grep gps admin.json
       "enable_gps": false,
       "gps_set_date": false,
    root@kiwisdr:~/kiwi.config# sed -i 's/"enable_gps": false/"enable_gps": true/' a dmin.json
    root@kiwisdr:~/kiwi.config#  grep gps admin.json
       "enable_gps": true,
       "gps_set_date": false,
    root@kiwisdr:~/kiwi.config# 

But this doesn't seem to fix the GPS (it is still "paused") , and when I restart the Kiwi it is back to ":false".

I am not sure what I am doing wrong here....

Thanks

• jksjks
    edited October 2021

Probably because you need to stop the server before editing the file. Otherwise the server will overwrite your change the next time it needs to save something to admin.json

Do something like:

cdp; mst

cdk; sed ...

cdp; msa

After a restart it will still say paused (admin page, GPS tab) for a bit before it finally gets going.

This will be fixed in the release I'm trying to get out later today or early tomorrow.

• I can confirm, this IS fixed in v1.469.

GPS is working!

Thanks

• Okay, apologies for the trouble.